blunts

  • Rob A
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 18, 2003
      Quick question for people.
      Can anyone help me track down a supplier for SCA legal arrow blunts?

      Thanks

      Rob

    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 19, 2003
        Try Baldar Blunts down in Trimaris.

        James Cunningham
        > Can anyone help me track down a supplier for SCA legal arrow blunts?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Rob

      • John Edgerton
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 19, 2003
          However, at this time do not buy the Baldar Eggs. A problem has come
          up with them and they are no longer approved until the problem is fixed.

          Jon
          *******************8

          Due to problems and concerns with combat archery blunts partially
          penetrating helms 1/2"
          or more the following rule will be effective April 20th, 2003:

          Any domed CA blunt MUST reach a minimum 1" in diameter at 1/4" distance
          from the tip of the blunt. All blunts must be the full 1 1/4" diameter
          at a maximum distance of 1/2" from the tip.

          The Baldar Egg blunts will not be legal on the combat field without
          approved modification
          to increase the front diameter of the blunt. Any modifications developed
          for these blunts
          must be tested using the following three tests;

          1. Cram Test
          2. Drop Test
          3. Shot into the faceplate of a helm test.

          The results of these tests must be sent to your Kingdom Earl Marshal
          and/or Kingdom Combat Archery Marshal and the Deputy Society Marshal for
          Combat Archery, for final approval.

          If there are any questions, please let me know,

          THL Tessa the Huntress, Deputy Society Marshal for Combat Archery
          tessathehuntress@e...

          **This ruling will be posted on the Society Marshals page in an appendix
          to the missile combat rules, until the missile combat handbook gets
          rewritten and updated.

          **************

          James W. Pratt, Jr. wrote:

          >Try Baldar Blunts down in Trimaris.
          >
          >James Cunningham

        • tessathehuntress
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 23, 2003
            You can also check my website:

            www.combat-archery.com

            then click the supplier link. I also have a chart showing what
            arrows/blunts are legal where,if that helps.

            Tessa

            Rob A wrote:

            >Quick question for people.
            >Can anyone help me track down a supplier for SCA legal arrow blunts?
            >
            >Thanks
            >
            >Rob

          • Sun Lu-shan
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 28, 2003
              Hi Rob,

              I have UHMW blunts in stock at this time

              www.flatbow.com/UHMW

              Thanks, Lu-shan

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Rob A" <corinthianarmries@e...>
              wrote:
              > Quick question for people.
              > Can anyone help me track down a supplier for SCA legal arrow blunts?
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Rob

              > If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it
              caught
              > and shot now.
              >
              > Zaphod Beeblebrox - Fugitive, and part time Galactic President

            • James Brummet
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 29, 2003
                are these blunts legal with the new rules that have come down?

                >>> Lu-shan@... 04/28/03 02:28PM >>>

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 29, 2003
                  Yes they are.. FWIW, I've seen the ones he sells personally.. there is
                  foam in front of blunt, when you make the bolt/arrow. For any specific
                  questions on whether x.. is legal, go to my website.
                  www.combat-archery.com If you click on the arrow link, then on the
                  different blunt names (in this case UHMW), there are more specifics and
                  usually at least one photo. I still need to put more information up,
                  but there is a good bit there already. For any questions, you can ask
                  your kingdom marshal or myself. I can tell you whether it's legal in
                  the Society and checking with your kingdom marshal verifies that your
                  kingdom allows it. I do have a chart on my website that shows both, but
                  it's best to verify with your kingdom marshal to make certain. If you
                  click the marshal contact page on my website, that lists the kingdom
                  marshals and their email addresses.

                  Tessa the Huntress, DSMCA

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 29, 2003
                    My thanks! Now if I could just get the money for my armor...

                    >>> tessathehuntress@... 04/29/03 07:33AM >>>