EVENT: Atlantian Kingdom Target Archery Championship

  • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2003
      Please feel free to forward this announcement to your local archery/group/kingdom mailing lists. (I was told by members of other kingdoms at Pennsic this year that I had to make sure I announced this more widely as people outside of the kingdom wish to come).

      ----------------

      Kingdom Target Archery Championship
      July 12th, 2003
      Barony of Highland Foorde

      Come one come all to Atlantia's 8th Kingdom Target Archery Championship.

      Enough archery to tire the arm of any bowman will be the order of the day. Archers will compete through a large roving range of varied targets to show their skill. The 8 highest scoring archers of the day will then enter a shoot-out to determine who will be decreed the next Champion. All archers may shoot freely without fear of becoming Champion if they so wish. Only archers who wish to hold the title will be included in the final shootout.

      The Highland Foorde Cook's Guild will provide for free a simple lunch to all attendees.

      The site will open at 9:30am, the practice range will open no later than 10:30am, and the tournament will begin promptly at 11:00am. The site will close at 9:00pm.

      Fees: The event fee is $9.00. Members receive a $3.00 discount. Children 6-11 years of age are $2.00. Children 5 and under are guests of the Barony.

      Reservations: These should include legal name, SCA name, e-mail address if you would like a confirmation e-mail, and a check payable to: Barony of Highland Foorde, SCA, Inc.
      Mail reservations to:
      Kingdom Archery
      Lady Francesca Angelo
      C/O Heather White
      PO Box 3883
      Frederick, MD 21705

      Site: The National Guard Armory, Route 144, Frederick, MD. The Armory is located right off of Rt. 144 just east of Frederick. The site opens at 9:30am and closes at 9:00pm

      Directions from west of Frederick: Take I-70 through Frederick to exit 56. Turn left at the end of the ramp on to MD 144. Stay in the right lane and turn right into the armory after one quarter of a mile. It is the only right turn.

      Directions from south of Frederick: Take I-270/US-15 North to I-70 eastbound. Take I-70 through Frederick to exit 56. Turn left at the end of the ramp on to MD 144. Stay in the right lane and turn right into the armory after one quarter of a mile. It is the only right turn.

      Directions from east of Frederick: Take I-70 west toward Frederick to exit 59 for MD 144 several miles before you get to Frederick. Take the exit and merge onto MD 144 west for approximately 2 miles. The Armory will be on your left, across from the park-n-Ride lot, soon after crossing the Monocacy River.

      Autocrat: THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust (Eli White), PO Box 3883, Frederick, MD 21705; 301-829-3178; e-mail: crossbow@...

      Co-Autocrat: Lady Francesca Angelo (Heather White), PO Box 3883, Frederick, MD 21705; 301-829-3178; e-mail: loving2teach@...