Challenge - an addendum

  • Chris Nogy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 1999
      On thinking of this challenge, I began to wonder how I could make a difference
      in more than just my Kingdom. I do not get often to other lands to play, but
      since archery everywhere seems to be in need of a similar 'boost'

      This I propose.

      I would like at least a full 30% of my bows to go to places outside of
      Calontir. But i need a mechanism to accomplish this.

      I would like to ask some help. I do not know who in other kingdoms would
      really appreciate and use my gifts, but I would dare say that some of these
      listmembers do.

      So if you reside outside of Calontir, already own and use period gear, and
      would not need these bows for yourself, and would not mind acting as a sort of
      'Santa's Helper' in this project, please let me know on personal e-mail. I
      would like to know where the bows go, to be able to at least get a note from
      the recipient telling me what their experiences with the gear is, and to be
      able to associate a name with my bows when I see these folks in the rankings.

      As there will only be about 30 bows distributed this way, I can't promise how I
      will choose my helpers from among those who volunteer, but I will let the list
      know when I have made my decision. I really am already starting to regret the
      fact that I can't outfit every archer in the SCA this way, but I guess I gotta
      live within some set of limitations.

      So if you are interested in helping with my challenge in places outside my
      Kingdom, please let me know.

      Thanks

      Kaz