Leather

  • Ken Muller
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17 7:49 PM
      Now is the time of year to find great sales on leather coats,
      skirts, etc. at thrift stores. I have made arming jacks, caps,
      pouches, quivers, etc from these. A regular sewing machine with a
      strong needle can do most of the work with a couple of added rivets.
      Usually under $10-womens are bigger. Also, braided leather belts
      produce thongs better than any craft store. Items can be found in
      all grades of leather, suade and pigs-skin. Also, leather purses
      can be found and converted to many uses. Don't ignore fur like
      rabbit. A single $10 coat can trim up all of your garb for years to
      come. I just finished two fine quivers using the sleeves of a coat
      and the tops off of fancy leather boots - total cost about $2 each.
      The rest of the coat is the under-vest and chaps for some scale
      armor and a leather arming cap. The belt made a fine baldic. The
      fake fur lining will be used later. A great buy at $15.

      Kinjal