Re: sinew sources

  • roguenad2000
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 17, 2003
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, mac_lochloinn@n... wrote:
      > There is a Rumour running around in the Tandy Corporation that
      > Tandy Leather may return to business in store fronts nationwide in
      > a few months.

      It is not a rumor. They have already started opening store fronts.
      As a matter of fact, we have one open here in Las Vegas already.

      According to the lady who runs the local Tandy leather, the Leather
      Factory (who owns Tandy now), is opening One Tandy, and one leather
      factory in several cities. They are "re-adjusting" the product
      lines of each store to reduce the competition between teh Tandy
      Leather and Leather Factory stores. Tandy being aimed more at the
      arts and crafts folks, and the Leather factory being aimed more at
      professionals.

      Tandy still has a good selection of tools, and dies, buckles, and
      such, But if you are looking for leather, there are better and less
      expensive places to by leather.

      Nad
    • Godwin fitzGilbert
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 17, 2003
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "roguenad2000" <nad@n...> wrote:
        > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, mac_lochloinn@n... wrote:
        > > There is a Rumour running around in the Tandy Corporation that
        > > Tandy Leather may return to business in store fronts nationwide in
        > > a few months.
        >
        > It is not a rumor. They have already started opening store fronts.
        > As a matter of fact, we have one open here in Las Vegas already.

        Here in Boise, the store went back under Tandy's control several
        months ago. Unfortunately, with the slaughter of the bovine population
        in England the last couple of years because of mad cow disease,
        leather prices have gone up a bunch, especially at Tandy.

        We have another store locally where we can get tooling leather and
        such, but I have also ordered from an online source in Oklahoma, and
        found them to be pretty reasonable. Follow this URL:
        http://www.ecleather.com/index.htm

        Tandy still has great accessory stuff, but the leather prices just
        make my wallet cry.

        Godwin
      • Detharlion of Nottingham
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 17, 2003
          Just an FYI for you folks in the Connecticut areas.

          The Tandy store in East Hartford is re-opened down the street a few
          block from it's former digs. Still a cave, but well stocked. They also
          provide any gentles of SCA persuasion with wholesale pricing, or so I
          have it on good authority.

          YIS

          Detharlion

          >>> nad@... 03/17/03 14:24 PM >>>
          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, mac_lochloinn@n... wrote:
          > There is a Rumour running around in the Tandy Corporation that
          > Tandy Leather may return to business in store fronts nationwide in
          > a few months.

          It is not a rumor. They have already started opening store fronts.
          As a matter of fact, we have one open here in Las Vegas already.

          According to the lady who runs the local Tandy leather, the Leather
          Factory (who owns Tandy now), is opening One Tandy, and one leather
          factory in several cities. They are "re-adjusting" the product
          lines of each store to reduce the competition between teh Tandy
          Leather and Leather Factory stores. Tandy being aimed more at the
          arts and crafts folks, and the Leather factory being aimed more at
          professionals.

          Tandy still has a good selection of tools, and dies, buckles, and
          such, But if you are looking for leather, there are better and less
          expensive places to by leather.

          Nad

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • roguenad2000
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 17, 2003
            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Godwin fitzGilbert"
            <Godwin@r...> wrote:

            > We have another store locally where we can get tooling leather and
            > such, but I have also ordered from an online source in Oklahoma,
            > and found them to be pretty reasonable. Follow this URL:
            > http://www.ecleather.com/index.htm
            >
            > Tandy still has great accessory stuff, but the leather prices just
            > make my wallet cry.

            I hate to advtise for a company that I work with, becasue I don't
            want to look like I am just here to advertise for them, but
            Northstar Traders has pretty good prices on leather as well. The
            website is www.northstartraders.com They don't have the products
            realy listed on there, but if there is something you are looking for
            just e-mail them. They Also travel around much of the California,
            Nevada, Arizona, and Utah doing Ren Faires, SCA Wars, and Mountain
            Man events selling leather. The Schedual is on the Web site.

            Nad