Re: [SCA-Archery] sinew sources

  • Loric
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 16, 2003
      That already has happened as the branches are called "The Leather Factory".
      You can order from them on line as well.
      http://www.tandyleather.com/

      Now 21 "Genuine" Tandy Leather Company stores are open and ready to serve you. Eighteen in the USA and three in Canada. Each is fully stocked and managed by experienced leathercraft professionals ready to give you outstanding service and leathercrafting advice. Experience convenient shopping in person, by phone, fax or mail.

      YIS,
      Loric

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 17, 2003
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, mac_lochloinn@n... wrote:
        > There is a Rumour running around in the Tandy Corporation that
        > Tandy Leather may return to business in store fronts nationwide in
        > a few months.

        It is not a rumor. They have already started opening store fronts.
        As a matter of fact, we have one open here in Las Vegas already.

        According to the lady who runs the local Tandy leather, the Leather
        Factory (who owns Tandy now), is opening One Tandy, and one leather
        factory in several cities. They are "re-adjusting" the product
        lines of each store to reduce the competition between teh Tandy
        Leather and Leather Factory stores. Tandy being aimed more at the
        arts and crafts folks, and the Leather factory being aimed more at
        professionals.

        Tandy still has a good selection of tools, and dies, buckles, and
        such, But if you are looking for leather, there are better and less
        expensive places to by leather.

        Nad
      • Godwin fitzGilbert
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 17, 2003
          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "roguenad2000" <nad@n...> wrote:
          > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, mac_lochloinn@n... wrote:
          > > There is a Rumour running around in the Tandy Corporation that
          > > Tandy Leather may return to business in store fronts nationwide in
          > > a few months.
          >
          > It is not a rumor. They have already started opening store fronts.
          > As a matter of fact, we have one open here in Las Vegas already.

          Here in Boise, the store went back under Tandy's control several
          months ago. Unfortunately, with the slaughter of the bovine population
          in England the last couple of years because of mad cow disease,
          leather prices have gone up a bunch, especially at Tandy.

          We have another store locally where we can get tooling leather and
          such, but I have also ordered from an online source in Oklahoma, and
          found them to be pretty reasonable. Follow this URL:
          http://www.ecleather.com/index.htm

          Tandy still has great accessory stuff, but the leather prices just
          make my wallet cry.

          Godwin
        • Detharlion of Nottingham
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 17, 2003
            Just an FYI for you folks in the Connecticut areas.

            The Tandy store in East Hartford is re-opened down the street a few
            block from it's former digs. Still a cave, but well stocked. They also
            provide any gentles of SCA persuasion with wholesale pricing, or so I
            have it on good authority.

            YIS

            Detharlion

            >>> nad@... 03/17/03 14:24 PM >>>
            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, mac_lochloinn@n... wrote:
            > There is a Rumour running around in the Tandy Corporation that
            > Tandy Leather may return to business in store fronts nationwide in
            > a few months.

            It is not a rumor. They have already started opening store fronts.
            As a matter of fact, we have one open here in Las Vegas already.

            According to the lady who runs the local Tandy leather, the Leather
            Factory (who owns Tandy now), is opening One Tandy, and one leather
            factory in several cities. They are "re-adjusting" the product
            lines of each store to reduce the competition between teh Tandy
            Leather and Leather Factory stores. Tandy being aimed more at the
            arts and crafts folks, and the Leather factory being aimed more at
            professionals.

            Tandy still has a good selection of tools, and dies, buckles, and
            such, But if you are looking for leather, there are better and less
            expensive places to by leather.

            Nad

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • roguenad2000
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 17, 2003
              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Godwin fitzGilbert"
              <Godwin@r...> wrote:

              > We have another store locally where we can get tooling leather and
              > such, but I have also ordered from an online source in Oklahoma,
              > and found them to be pretty reasonable. Follow this URL:
              > http://www.ecleather.com/index.htm
              >
              > Tandy still has great accessory stuff, but the leather prices just
              > make my wallet cry.

              I hate to advtise for a company that I work with, becasue I don't
              want to look like I am just here to advertise for them, but
              Northstar Traders has pretty good prices on leather as well. The
              website is www.northstartraders.com They don't have the products
              realy listed on there, but if there is something you are looking for
              just e-mail them. They Also travel around much of the California,
              Nevada, Arizona, and Utah doing Ren Faires, SCA Wars, and Mountain
              Man events selling leather. The Schedual is on the Web site.

              Nad