Books

  • James Brummet
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 8, 2003
      Okay it took me a bit longer then I thought (call me a busy beaver)
      but here is the list of all the books you all kindly thought I
      should read.

      Longbow by Robert Hardy
      Crossbow by Sir Ralph Payne-Galloway
      The Traditional Bowyer's Bible by various authors
      Survey of European Crossbows by Alm
      Saracen Archery by Lamar Latham
      Die Armbrust by Harmuth
      The Crossbow by Payne-Gallway
      Toxophilus by Ascham
      The Witchery of Archery by Thompson
      The Grey Goose Wing by Heath
      The Trational Bowyers Bible by N/A
      The Archers Craft by Hodgkin
      Traditional Archery by Sam Fadala
      Zen in the Art of Archery by Eugen Herrigel
      The Medieval Archer by Bradbury
      The Bowmen of England by Donald Featherstone
      Archery by Elmer
      The Mary Rose by Margaret Rule
      Archery for Beginners by John Williams
      Die Armbrust by Egon Harmuth
      Survey of European Crossbows by Josef Alm
      Toxophilus by Roger Ascham
      Become the Arrow by Byron Ferguson
      Advanced Archer:
      How to Stay Calm at the Center" by Thomas Whitney and Vishnu
      Karmakar
      Legends of the Longbow by Glenn St. Charles
      Here are the 29 volumes of this library in order.
      1.ARCHERY - Longman and Walrond
      2.A STUDY OF BOWS AND ARROWS - Saxton Pope
      3.THE WITCHERY OF ARCHERY - Maurice Thompson
      4.TARGET ARCHERY - Robert Elmer
      5.ARCHERY THE TECHNICAL SIDE - Hickman/Nagler/Klopsteg
      6. TOXOPHILUS - Roger Ascham
      + ARCHERY, ITS THEORY AND PRACTICE - Horace Ford
      7.TURKISH ARCHERY - Paul Klopsteg
      + MODERN METHODS IN ARCHERY - Reichart/Keasy
      8.BOOK OF THE LONGBOW - Robert Elmer
      9.HUNTING THE HARD WAY - Howard Hill
      10.WILD ADVENTURE - HOWARD HILL
      11.ARCHERY - Robert Elmer
      12.HUNTING WITH THE BOW AND ARROW - Saxton Pope
      13.AMERICAN ARCHERY - Robert Elmer
      14.FRED BEAR'S FIELD NOTES - Fred Bear
      15.THE ARCHERS CRAFT - Adrian Hodgki,
      16.THE BOOK OF ARCHERY - George Agar Hansard
      17.SAGITTARIUS - Bob Swinehart
      18.THE COMPLETE BOOK OF THE BOW AND ARROW - Howard Gillelan
      19.ISHI IN TWO WORLDS - Kroeber
      20.A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF ARCHERY - Lake and Wright
      21.THE GREY GOOSE WING - E.G. Heath
      22.THE ADVENTUROUS BOWMEN - Saxton Pope
      23.YE SYLVAN ARCHER - Volume 1
      24.YE SYLVAN ARCHER - Volume 2