Re: Bow Question for those who know

  • hanhebin
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2003
      > can you take limbs off of a wood compound bow and put on recurve
      > ones? she's curious because there are tear-down recurves and
      > compounds both and wanted to know if they are interchangeable?

      This was an E-mail response that I recieved from a former Hoyt
      Product Manager and one of the top Olympic Recurve and Compound
      archers in the country (and one of my coaches :-])

      "I have never seen one either. I have seen more than one time
      a compound handle converted into a recurve bow by building limb
      pockets to fit both the riser and limbs. A top Italian archer
      Ilario DuBois had done this with success before and shot the bow
      in international competition. It is a bunch of work to make it
      happen and I don't see the actual benefit myself."

      Michael