New member Thank you!

  • tigerslili <tigerslili@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2003
      I am a new member to the archery group at Bronzehelm and Naima was
      posing the question about compound and recurve bows for me as I
      hadn't gotten onto the list yet. I want to thank everyone that
      posted a response, you have all been very helpful! I was trying to
      come up with the most cost effective way for my husband and me to get
      into archery.

      We were able to locate a recurve that has a 60# draw? pull? and this
      is a bit heavy for us. We can each draw it, a few times right now.
      We've got some good people who have been loaning us bows also. If
      anyone hears of a good 35# for sale at a reasonable rate, I would be
      very appreciative if you could pass the news on to me.

      I also want to apologize in advance for the simplicity of some of my
      questions. I don't have a lot of knowledge about archery, and I am
      looking forward to learning! =)

      Lili
    • hanhebin <hamberg@fiber.net>
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
        > We were able to locate a recurve that has a 60# draw? pull? and
        > this is a bit heavy for us. We can each draw it, a few times right
        > now. We've got some good people who have been loaning us bows
        > also. If anyone hears of a good 35# for sale at a reasonable rate,
        > I would be very appreciative if you could pass the news on to me.

        The Internature loaner bow I donated to your group is 35# and I know
        that Naima and Alf both like the way that shoots. It's the bow that
        I learned to shoot on and used it well on many occations before I
        went to shooting more modern and more period equipment. I got a deal
        on that bow and I believe I paid $100 for it at Salt Lake Archery
        where I think the archery shop in Bronzehelm would probably charge
        you around $130.

        I've shot with your group back in December and you got a great little
        group there. Naima deserves much praise for her efforts and PLEASE
        let me know if I can do anything to help you folks out.

        Best of luck,
        Michael
      • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie <ka
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
          Greetings,

          >(snip)I also want to apologize in advance for the simplicity of some
          of my questions....(/snip)

          Simplicity in questions leads to exponential growth in the
          understanding of the answers...(Frankie says..."relax...")

          Date Saburou Yukiie
          Shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave
          http://www.kabutographics.com
          kabuto@...