Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: 'Incentive' backstops, was Archre hero shoots

  • James McArthur
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2003
      What do you need to score to be a Bowmaster?
      How about a Weaponsmaster (or whatever that event is called involving bow, axe, knife, and spear)?
      William

      "hanhebin <hamberg@...>" <hamberg@...> wrote:> Makes me wonder - what other 'high hit incentive' range
      > backstops have people shot towards?

      We have a mundane field range where at one station you are shooting
      down a 60' cliff and if you miss you are hitting granite. Your
      arrows just don't drop at the same rate when you are shooting
      practically straight down and sighted equipment frequently miss.
      Would love to see an SCA shoot at this range because any Bowmaster
      might need a few dozen arrows to complete a shoot.

      I also shoot at a range where the butts are held down by iron braces
      and I've seen more than field tip blunted or cedar shaft snapped.
      Forgot to adjust my site on my Olympic recurve and turned one of my
      expensive carbon fiber shafts into a daisy.

      Michael