Re: [SCA-Archery] Books addendum

  • L.J. Sparvero
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20 8:09 AM
      Here are more complete references to the books I recommended:

      J. D. Latham and W. F. Paterson, "Saracen Archery," Holland Press, London 1970.

      Egon Harmuth, "Die Armbrust", Graz, Austria 1986

      Josef Alm, "Survey of European Crossbows", 1994 (reprint of 1947 book)

      and "Toxophilus" by Roger Ascham (orig. pub. 1545, many reprints available)

      If you want some books published by the Tower Armoruies, check out:
      http://www.armouries.org.uk/publications/books/mono.html

      Browsing their page this morning is encouraging me to try and place an
      order from them!

      And if anyone cares for a book on shooting philosophy, this one was the
      most influential on me:
      Byron Ferguson, "Become the Arrow" ISBN: 0-913305-09-X
      For about $12, this is a quick read and an invaluable insight on shooting
      at unknown distances without sighting aids.

      -Lyev