Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: non-traditional revisited

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 7, 2003
      Where and When?

      James Cunningham
      not afraid to be in the lower 50%

      Indoor Nationals are coming up in March and I encourage you
      > to participate, shatter these records and post a single score that
      > would rank in the top 50% of Olympic recurve or compound shooters.
      >
      > Michael

    • Nest verch Tangwistel
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 7, 2003
        Since the person who brought this up isn't going to answer you, I will.
        http://www.usarchery.org/naapub/fp/front.htm
        This site will give you all the info you need for this mundane tournament.
        However, it can be run quite differently in our divisions from one section
        to another. The NAA is not an organization which specializes in
        traditional shooting. As a matter of fact they only included the category
        6 years ago. After having shot with them for 3 years I can tell you they
        still don't take tradiationalists very seriously. The organization is made
        to promote olympic recurve and compound. I really don't recommend it for
        SCA archers. However, having said that if you are in New England the
        Attleboro, MA regional competition is very friendly to us, and can be a
        lot of fun. I don't have experience with the other regions. If you look at
        the national results though, you see there are very few traditional
        shooters in most of the other regions. If you want anymore info contact me
        privately so we don't use bandwidth on the list.

        Nest

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com