RE: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1214

  • Guy Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      Give these two links a look and you'll see Asian style, Mongolian in
      particular.

      http://www.atarn.org/FAQ/thumbring.htm

      http://www.atarn.org/mongolian/mngtchnq.htm

    • Jaime Tiampo
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
        Naima wrote:

        > well I knew that was a rhetorical question--yea that's
        > it lol
        >
        > Ok so what is Asian Style?

        The question is a little vague.
        Mongolian: Uses a thumb ring
        Japanese (sorry I can't remember the technique name): is a pinch and a draw far behind the body
        Persian: Draw to the chest.

        The asiatic recurves have static "ears" in there recurve while the japanese yumi doesn't. That's a really simple comparison.

        --
        Ts'ai T'ien-p'u