Parents of Youth Archers

  • John Rockwell
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3 5:20 PM
      Greetings to the Parents of the Youth archers of the Known World.

      It is my pleasure to Announce that a gentle has come forward to Sponsor a prize shoot for the Youth. The shoot will be on Sunday, the time of the shoot will be posted on the Archery Range.

      It will be necessary for a parent to accompany a youth under the age of 17 and be on the range while the youth is shooting.

      Yours in Service

      Lord Ian Griffen the Archer

      Deputy Royal Archer

    • John Edgerton
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3 7:29 PM
        Sounds interesting. Since it is for the youth archers of all the Known
        World, could you let us know where this archery range is located so that
        the youth archers of the Known World can all attend?

        Thank you

        Jon

        John Rockwell wrote:

        >Greetings to the Parents of the Youth archers of the Known World.
        >
        >It is my pleasure to Announce that a gentle has come forward to Sponsor a prize shoot for the Youth. The shoot will be on Sunday, the time of the shoot will be posted on the Archery Range.
        >
        >It will be necessary for a parent to accompany a youth under the age of 17 and be on the range while the youth is shooting.
        >
        >Yours in Service
        >
        >Lord Ian Griffen the Archer
        >
        >Deputy Royal Archer

      • John Rockwell
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3 7:43 PM
          Excuse me for my over thought. I have been working to get the prize shoot together for Estrella War, My fingers is going slower than my mind again. This is an almost last minute addition. It will be great to have the youth come and compete.
          Ian
          John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:Sounds interesting. Since it is for the youth archers of all the Known

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3 7:54 PM
            Would it be possible to give some information on the youth competition
            so that they would know what to expect?

            Thanks

            Jon

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John Rockwell
            <ian_griffen_archer@y...> wrote:

            > Excuse me for my over thought. I have been working to get the prize
            shoot together for Estrella War, My fingers is going slower than my
            mind again. This is an almost last minute addition. It will be great
            to have the youth come and compete.
            > Ian
          • John Rockwell
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3 9:13 PM
              Sir Jon
              I received the request for time on the range for the youth shoot this evening. All I know it might be a spelling bee type of shoot. As for the distance I don't know, I don't know until war. By then the youth center should have some information. I will try to get the sponsor to put to gether some information so it can be posted at the youth center.
              BTW, what day are you coming in for war. I have a general camping area for you reserved for you and your party.

              Ian
              "John R. Edgerton <sirjon1@...>" <sirjon1@...> wrote:Would it be possible to give some information on the youth competition

              wrote:

              > Excuse me for my over thought. I have been working to get the prize
              shoot together for Estrella War, My fingers is going slower than my
              mind again. This is an almost last minute addition. It will be great
              to have the youth come and compete.
              > Ian

            • John Edgerton
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 4 8:08 AM
                John Rockwell wrote:

                >Sir Jon
                >I received the request for time on the range for the youth shoot this evening. All I know it might be a spelling bee type of shoot. As for the distance I don't know, I don't know until war. By then the youth center should have some information. I will try to get the sponsor to put to gether some information so it can be posted at the youth center.
                >

                >BTW, what day are you coming in for war. I have a general camping area for you reserved for you and your party.

                It looks like I will not be able to attend. My mother in law had a bad
                fall and we will be moving her and her belongings from her home to ours
                next week. There is a very small chance that I might still be able to
                get there late Friday or early Saturday instead of Wednesday as I had
                been planing. But the two other western archers that I requested space
                for will still be going, but I do not know what day they will arrive.

                Jon

                >Ian
                > "John R. Edgerton <sirjon1@...>" <sirjon1@...> wrote:Would it be possible to give some information on the youth competition
                >so that they would know what to expect?
                >
                >Thanks
                >
                >Jon

              • John Rockwell
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 4 7:00 PM
                  Sir Jon
                  I hope all works out for you, and your mother in law. I also understand what you are going though. I have been looking forward to meeting you in person and picking your brain.
                  If you talk to the other members of your party, have them ask for me and I will take care of them. I will be camping on the Range. I will have this banner flying in front of my Tent. Fieldless sheave of 3 arrows inverted OR fletched VERT, If I'm not in my tent I will be on the range.
                  Lord Ian

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 4 9:48 PM
                    Thank you I will let them know.

                    Jon