Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1214

  • Naima
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      well I knew that was a rhetorical question--yea that's
      it lol

      Ok so what is Asian Style?

      and actually the merchant thought he had sent me the
      correct bow.

      Naima

      =====
      Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya

      Shire of Bronzehelm
      House Dragon

      my philosophy="If you ask a question you don't want an answer to,
      expect an answer you don't want to hear"

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Guy Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
        Give these two links a look and you'll see Asian style, Mongolian in
        particular.

        http://www.atarn.org/FAQ/thumbring.htm

        http://www.atarn.org/mongolian/mngtchnq.htm

      • Jaime Tiampo
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
          Naima wrote:

          > well I knew that was a rhetorical question--yea that's
          > it lol
          >
          > Ok so what is Asian Style?

          The question is a little vague.
          Mongolian: Uses a thumb ring
          Japanese (sorry I can't remember the technique name): is a pinch and a draw far behind the body
          Persian: Draw to the chest.

          The asiatic recurves have static "ears" in there recurve while the japanese yumi doesn't. That's a really simple comparison.

          --
          Ts'ai T'ien-p'u