Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1213

  • Naima
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
      ok this was the horsebow problem that I"m getting
      fixed:

      I draw a 35# at 24"

      The bow I got doesn't get the full draw of 35# until
      30" and I don't draw back that far (I'd take off my
      little ear)
      The bow shoots #28 at 26" and that for me falls short
      of target (not good when competing!!)

      soooo---I"m getting a Crimean Tartar Recurve that is a
      34# at 24" which should be no problem

      so that's what was broken and needed fixed

      Does that answer your question Gary? or does that
      confuse you even more? hehe

      Naima

      =====
      Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya

      Shire of Bronzehelm
      House Dragon

      my philosophy="If you ask a question you don't want an answer to,
      expect an answer you don't want to hear"

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Guy Taylor
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
        That answers my question (which was rhetorical) quite well.

        It tells me that your bow wasn't broken, you simply chose the wrong one. It
        also tells me that you don't shoot the bow as an Asian would shoot it but as
        a Westerner.