Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1212

  • Naima
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2003
      Michael
      Unfortunately we will not be able to hold IKAC in our
      area until we are able to hold regluar outside
      practices. But hoping weather is good for spring and
      we can start lol

      Also received my new horsebow and it is great
      unfortunately my draw is 24 inches and I was shooting
      SHORT and was geeting a little po'd (gee that's
      unusual but hey you know one of those days lol) and so
      we get to looking at the bow and just noticed that the
      weight is at a 30in draw lol--so I gotta send it back
      and get it fixed. But other than that I love the
      smooth release.

      Anyone who doesn't have a horsebow, try one lol

      Naima

      =====
      Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya

      Shire of Bronzehelm
      House Dragon

      my philosophy="If you ask a question you don't want an answer to,
      expect an answer you don't want to hear"

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Guy Taylor
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2003
        I must be missing something here.
        How do you fix something that isn't broken?

        If you have a bow that is measured at 26", 28", or 30" and don't pull it all
        the way to that draw length, you won't be pulling the full weight of the bow
        and it may not be as efficient as it would be at its prefered draw.
        But it's not "broken."

        Guy

        ::snip::
        > Also received my new horsebow and it is great
        > unfortunately my draw is 24 inches and I was shooting
        > SHORT and was geeting a little po'd (gee that's
        > unusual but hey you know one of those days lol) and so
        > we get to looking at the bow and just noticed that the
        > weight is at a 30in draw lol--so I gotta send it back
        > and get it fixed.
        ::snip::
      • hanhebin <hamberg@fiber.net>
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
          > Unfortunately we will not be able to hold IKAC in our area until we
          > are able to hold regluar outside practices. But hoping weather is
          > good for spring and we can start lol

          I have a couple weekends in May that are possibilities but my April
          and June are booked shooting mundane events. Keep practicing because
          I expect you to beat me this year. Just do me a big favor and don't
          turn in any score I shoot.

          Michael
        • Chad Wilson
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
            --- "hanhebin <hamberg@...>" <hamberg@...> wrote:
            [...]
            > I expect you to beat me this year. Just do me a big favor and don't
            > turn in any score I shoot.

            The attitude that I am trying to instill in my shire archers that it more
            important to have completed an IKAC or a Winter Round. Then we work on raising
            the score.

            So, submit those scores, even they are low.

            -Caedmon

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • hanhebin <hamberg@fiber.net>
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
              >> I expect you to beat me this year. Just do me a big favor and
              >> don't turn in any score I shoot.

              > The attitude that I am trying to instill in my shire archers that
              > it more important to have completed an IKAC or a Winter Round.
              > Then we work on raising the score.
              >
              > So, submit those scores, even they are low.

              Shooting a low score isn't an issue but simply trying to avoid any
              headaches.

              Michael
            • Godwin fitzGilbert <Godwin@rmci.net>
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
                --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Chad Wilson <caeman@y...> wrote:
                > --- "hanhebin <hamberg@f...>" <hamberg@f...> wrote:
                > [...]
                > > I expect you to beat me this year. Just do me a big favor and
                don't
                > > turn in any score I shoot.
                >
                > The attitude that I am trying to instill in my shire archers that it
                more
                > important to have completed an IKAC or a Winter Round. Then we work
                on raising
                > the score.
                >
                > So, submit those scores, even they are low.
                >
                > -Caedmon

                Caedmon,

                Michael could turn in very good scores, probably some of, if not the
                best in the Kingdom, if he chose to. However, therein lies the rub.
                Michael wants nothing to do with SCA archery in Artemisia.

                Godwin