Re: new list

  • Deann E. Allen
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 30 5:50 PM
      Ian Gourdon wrote:

      > From: Ian Gourdon <agincort@...>
      [snip]
      > I felt it likely that the poor lass who made the
      > 'break-the-camels-back' comment had no idea who she was
      > speaking to, whatsoever. I had been on the list
      > for some months before the 'penny dropped' for me.

      In all my experience on lists and on the old BBS's, only one
      person -- the moderator -- *ever* has any right to suggest that
      a participant go elsewhere.

      D.
    • D Humberson
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 1999
        Ian,

        If you live reasonably close to Pittsburgh, email me privately - we're doing
        4 practices a week while the light holds.

        Ragnar Ketilsson

        >From: Ian Gourdon <agincort@...>
        >To: SCA-Archery@onelist.com
        >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] new list
        >Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:36:02 -0400
        >
        >From: Ian Gourdon <agincort@...>
        >
        >Well, sure.
        >Shooting comes first, at least for me. I shoot a modern 45# recurve, a
        >35# longbow, and just now aquired a 125# crossbow, which was made by
        >Patric McPhelan. Nice late period style with a rolling nut. It's hard to
        >do them all justice when the archery range is 30 minutes away, and they
        >don't allow crossbows. So, Monday night we went to the Eastwatch (NE
        >Ohio) practice, an hour away. At least I got the crossbow warmed up a
        >little. The shutting up part is a little harder, for me: I felt it
        >likely that the poor lass who made the 'break-the-camels-back' comment
        >had no idea who she was speaking to, whatsoever. I had been on the list
        >for some months before the 'penny dropped' for me.
        >Ian Gourdon
        >
        >Guy Taylor wrote:
        > >
        > > From: "Guy Taylor" <greytaylor@...>
        > >
        > > Personally, at least for awhile, I'm going to shut the hell up and just
        > > shoot arrows.
        > >
        > > Taillear

        > > You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
        > > Drawing is held each week through August 20. For details, go to
        > > http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

        > > of Barony Beyond the Mountain, East Kingdom
        >
        >--
        >Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
        >- Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
        >http://web.raex.com/~agincort

        >How do you enter ONElist�s WEEKLY DRAWING for $100?
        >By joining the FRIENDS & FAMILY program. For details, go to
        >http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

      • Robert Skidmore
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 1999
          sorry guys.. I need the information on how to resubscribe to the combat
          archery list... thanks... thunder storms are a bugger.... Robert

          ----------

        • Bob & Nancy Upson
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 3, 1999
            > sorry guys.. I need the information on how to resubscribe to the combat
            > archery list... thanks... thunder storms are a bugger.... Robert

            Either by visiting http://onelist.com/subscribe/sca-
            missilecombat.html or by sending a blank email to sca-
            missilecombat-subscribe@onelist.com

            Macsen
          • Kevin
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 11, 2013