IKAC Suggestion

  • cwilson@mhmh.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2003
      I found that this year, I was busier running Thrown Weapons at events than
      shooting a bow. Our shire archery practices were overflowing with new
      archers. These are both good problems for me to have, but it also meant
      less of a chance to shoot an IKAC. I would ask for one change regarding
      the Crossbow divisions. Please allow crossbows shoot a simultaneous Open
      and Period division scores if the crossbow meets the qualifications. If
      the bow meets the standards for Period Division, then it meets the standard
      for Open Division.

      This would have meant that the one time I shot an IKAC this year, instead
      of the Period score I shot, I would also have an Open score.

      This could also go for Open and Period handbow divisions, where the person
      is shooting with equipment and arrows that qualify for period, could then
      qualify them for Open.

      Just a small thing, but the keeper of the IKAC did ask for suggestions.

      In service,
      Caedmon
    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2003
        I disagree with this idea because the IKAC, as well as, other mail in
        contests are made to get people to shoot more not less. I do not like to
        see changes that would short cut this idea.

        James Cunningham
        Technique makes good archers only practice makes great archers