Re: What is a center shot style crossbow?

  • Bob & Nancy Upson
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 9, 1999
      > (other than "field bows"). For myself, I lament the dropping of the word
      > "trackless" in the rule, as there are, and were, period style bows with split
      > prods. But, I casn live with it either way.

      I recall that the wording of this section for the Society rules drew
      quite a bit of comment and that the resulting language still lacked
      something in the end. I believe "trackless" fell by the wayside over
      the confusion over the lack/presence of grooves on the crossbow
      stock. The intent was clearly to ban certain modern designs but
      we never did get a good handle on how to describe them clearly
      and unambiguously... =(

      Macsen