Re: [SCA-Archery] newbie questions

  • mark s graves
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002
      Hi my name is William and I am a deputy regional archery marshal for
      Pentamere in the Midrealm. What kind of rules are you looking for? Are
      you inquiring about the parameters of bow and arrow types allowed. If
      so, what kingdom? The rules are mostly the same from kingdom to kingdom,
      but there are some different interpretations about them. Basically the
      bow must be safe for you to draw, no risers, stabilizers and for
      recurves/longbows no sights. We want the bow to be as much mideival in
      flavor as possible. Some things like metal limbs are not illegal, but
      discouraged. For arrows, I have always had good luck with Three Rivers
      Archery (threeriversarchery.com) out of Indiana. We want the arrowa to
      be made of wood and not fiberglass or aluminium with either target or
      field points. Broadhead/hunting points are not allowed. Cross bows are
      allowed, but there are certain guidelines for types and how they look.

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com