Re: [SCA-Archery] Ideas of mine Sir Jon thought I should post here.

  • Bruce R. Gordon
    Message 1 of 57 , Dec 5, 2002
      Greetings
      Let me just make a few very brief comments, while acknowledging
      that there is a great deal of material here which deserves careful
      thought.
      Travelling teams of archers would be a wonderful idea in a
      slightly alternate universe. Practicality intrudes in this one though -
      we are not professional athletes, and I can't see too many of us being
      able to afford such a venture.
      I strongly agree that more period-style shoots is the way to go,
      and I am encouraging my people in this regard. In regards thaty, I am
      slowly assembling documentation on period shoots, with the notion of
      publishing a booklet or pamphlet if I get enough material.
      As regards A+S ventures, be advised that there will be an A+S
      masterworks competition-demonstration specifically for archery related
      stuff at Pennsic XXXII this coming August.
      I agree that getting archers to participate in "work details" and
      honour guards and whatnot improves visibility, I certainly encourge
      Midrealmers to do so, especially in terms of Baronial or local guilds.
      But these are initiatives that come best from local people - regionals,
      Baronial Captains, and local commanders, who know the local area and
      are at the local events. The AG's job is to indicate that this is a
      road well to travel along, and to encourage local people to consider
      how to do particular things.

      Forester Nigel FitzMaurice, Middle Kingdom AG

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Ex Tenebra, Lux

    • Jross007@aol.com
      Message 57 of 57 , Dec 6, 2002
        In a message dated 12/6/02 10:09:16 AM Mountain Standard Time,
        gergaroth@... writes:

        > You want some cookies, mister?

        Are they made from fresh Boy Scouts? <G>
        Balthazaar, disappearing back into the background.

        > --- In SCA-Archery@y..., Chad Wilson <caeman@y...> wrote:
        > > --- blockflute1@a... wrote:
        > > > An Archer is a Boy Scout?
        > >
        > > This world would be a nicer place if more people acted like a boy
        > scout.
        > >
        > > -Caedmon
        > > avoiding the soap box

        The esteemed ($&$&$#&)! SM., John Ross