A Middle Earth competition

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2002
      While surfing the web I found an Italian archery site. And on it was a
      competition "Shooting the bow in Middle Earth" a competition that uses
      five color target faces representing Lord of the Rings monsters. It has
      an scoring system that could well be used to make some interesting (non
      period) competitions for use at our events.
      You can see it at:
      http://www.silverflower.org/middleeng.htm

      Jon
    • James Brummet
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2002
        Hmmmm maybe I need to buy Greenleaf after all.

        http://www.avalonlongbows.20m.com/noframes/catalog.htm#new
      • John Edgerton
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2002
          It will be interesting to see what the picture looks like.
          Jon

          James Brummet wrote:

          >Hmmmm maybe I need to buy Greenleaf after all.
          >
          >http://www.avalonlongbows.20m.com/noframes/catalog.htm#new

        • Jonathan Harton
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2002
            I better replica, that you dont have to buy 4 bows to
            get shipped to the US, is at www.stickstone.com. I
            shoot a longbow made by Russell, the bower, and can
            voutch for his GREAT work and being a great guy to
            work with.
            --- James Brummet <brummejr@...> wrote:
            > Hmmmm maybe I need to buy Greenleaf after all.

            http://www.avalonlongbows.20m.com/noframes/catalog.htm#new

            > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by
            > Medieval Mart
            > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's
            > http://www.medievalmart.com/

            > leave this list]
            >

            > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • James Brummet
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 5, 2002
              No kidding. I have been checking for months!