Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: White bracer

  • Toramitsu
    Message 1 of 110 , Nov 25, 2002
      Attack, accusation? Either way I was singled out. And I was not the one who broke forum.
      Bob Upson <wyvern@...> wrote:On 25 Nov 2002 at 12:56, Toramitsu wrote:

      > Had Peerage not been suggested earlier, I would not have used it.
      > However, if your going to attack me for changing the subject then

      Nobody has "attacked" you.

      Please dial it back a notch or two. =)

      YIS,
      Macsen

    • hanhebin
      Message 110 of 110 , Nov 26, 2002
        > I am sorry that you feel that I was attacking you about your post.
        > But, having started the "white bracer" thread, I just wanted to
        > point out that the white bracer is not about peerage recognition
        > for archers. I thought that if you are interested in discussing the
        > subject of an archery peerage that a change in the subject line
        > might bring in more people interested in that subject that might
        > not be interested in the white bracer thread.

        While I like and support the general idea of a "White Bracer" or more
        archers getting peerages, I do wish there was some kind of
        standardization throughout the kingdoms as when you see a Knight or a
        White Scarf you can expect a general level of fighting expertise.
        What I would like to see is a person that wears a "White Bracer" is
        an archer that can not only shoot but is willing and able to improve
        those archers of lessor ability rise up to at least gain the all of
        the abilities of a "White Bracer".

        I like the way An Tir lists what they see the requirements of
        a "White Bracer" should be. Rather than discuss about the "White
        Bracer", I would enjoy seeing a forum where those items a "White
        Bracer" should be is actively discussed. I personally don't like the
        idea of the highest kingdom level award because kings can give awards
        to whomever they like. Develop a standard that has some credibility
        and respectability regardless of location.

        Michael