Another dumb question

  • Brennin
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 17, 2002
      Okay, some one was talking about a "Robin Hood" shot the other day at
      a fighter practice. I was just curious, is there a special point
      award for such a shot in RR IKAC? Brennin
    • Brea
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 17, 2002
        i got to agree good qustion.
        Brea
        Simon Hondy <scholari@...> wrote:Well "Robin hood"ing an arrow is to split another arrow with yours. with
        aluminum arrows they tend to stack, and when it happens the joined arrows
        are often hung on a wall. Wood arrows tend to shatter or split when robin
        hooded. tis a very rare thing, and all you get for it is the recognition
        and the story telling that goes along with doing such a thing. And no more
        points are scored than where aver the arrow sticks. Although the shooting
        will stop for a while till every one has seen the arrows.. and discussed
        them Huge ohh ahh factor!!

        Simon Hondy

        > Okay, some one was talking about a "Robin Hood" shot the other day at
        > a fighter practice. I was just curious, is there a special point
        > award for such a shot in RR IKAC? Brennin

        Brea of Rivers Run

      • Simon Hondy

          > Okay, some one was talking about a "Robin Hood" shot the other day at
          > a fighter practice. I was just curious, is there a special point
          > award for such a shot in RR IKAC? Brennin

        • Carl West
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 17, 2002
            Simon Hondy wrote:

            > Well "Robin hood"ing an arrow is to split another arrow with yours.

            I've read it argued that a truly proper 'Robin Hood' is when the arrow that was split was directly in the mark and was split by the next arrow shot thus demonstrating pinpoint accuracy versus the (still admirable) ability to make a tight group where arrows get hit. I'm not sure how many actually subscribe to this definition, but I kinda like it.

            >... Wood arrows tend to shatter or split when robin
            > hooded. tis a very rare thing, and all you get for it is the recognition
            > and the story telling that goes along with doing such a thing. And no more
            > points are scored than where aver the arrow sticks. Although the shooting
            > will stop for a while till every one has seen the arrows.. and discussed
            > them Huge ohh ahh factor!!

            At Pensic a couple of years ago I managed to nock-shoot one of my bodkin-pointed, self nocked arrows with another, the linen binding on the nock was strong enough to keep the hit arrow from splitting, instead the second arrow stuck there. Much amusement was had. The arrow never made it to the target, how do you score that?

            Fritz
            --
            Carl West eisen@... http://eisen.home.attbi.com

            I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be stolen out
            of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile.

            - Isabella, Measure for Measure, Act 3 Scene 1
          • Carolus Eulenhorst
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 18, 2002
              The second arrow scores the same as the arrow it struck and stuck in.

              In service to the dream
              Carolus von Eulenhorst
              eulenhorst@...

              On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:32:02 -0500 Carl West <eisen@...> writes:
              > Simon Hondy wrote:
              > >
              > > Well "Robin hood"ing an arrow is to split another arrow with
              > yours.
              >
              > I've read it argued that a truly proper 'Robin Hood' is when the
              > arrow that was split was directly in the mark and was split by the
              > next arrow shot thus demonstrating pinpoint accuracy versus the
              > (still admirable) ability to make a tight group where arrows get
              > hit. I'm not sure how many actually subscribe to this definition,
              > but I kinda like it.
              >

              > >... Wood arrows tend to shatter or split when robin
              > > hooded. tis a very rare thing, and all you get for it is the
              > recognition
              > > and the story telling that goes along with doing such a thing.
              > And no more
              > > points are scored than where aver the arrow sticks. Although the
              > shooting
              > > will stop for a while till every one has seen the arrows.. and
              > discussed
              > > them Huge ohh ahh factor!!
              >
              > At Pensic a couple of years ago I managed to nock-shoot one of my
              > bodkin-pointed, self nocked arrows with another, the linen binding
              > on the nock was strong enough to keep the hit arrow from splitting,
              > instead the second arrow stuck there. Much amusement was had. The
              > arrow never made it to the target, how do you score that?
              >
              > Fritz

              Only $9.95 per month!
              Visit www.juno.com