Long distance, speed round, etc...

  • Godwin@rmci.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2002
      For myself, I will not mark my limbs for or with anything. It is my intent
      to train the 'internal' targeting system, so to speak, to be able to
      compensate for windage, elevation and distance without relying on
      "sights", or walking the distance. But then what I'm out for, is not the
      highest score on the target range, but my own history-based experience in
      archery, a more rounded ability. I have told many people that "yes, I
      started with a nice center-shot recurve, and have been going back in time
      ever since", and I am really enjoying the exerience.

      It is my humble opinion, that modern conveniences detract from the art and
      experience that is old-traditional archery, that they fill our need for
      immediate gratification, and rob us of a deeper understanding and attempt
      at mastery of the craft.

      What you want from your experience with SCA archery is your yak. There is
      something for everybody, or at least there should be, to shoot at, and
      excel at. Whether it be long distance or short, paper targets or stump
      shooting, bottles or 3D targets, and timed rounds. It should be for the
      good of all.

      In Service to the Art,
      Godwin
    • jrosswebb1@webtv.net