Re: [SCA-Archery] About Bows

  • Jonathan Harton
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
      Try a Mr. Russell Barton at Sticks and Stones
      archery.com www.sticksandstones.com He does some
      amazing work with his woods. He mostly makes Native
      American bows but will make just about anything on
      request. Hes made some copies of LOTR bows that are
      wonderful. Hes a little more expensive at around $150
      but woth every penny.
      --- johannes_va <rkhinman@...> wrote:
      > I looked over baronbows and I really liked the
      > Knight Recurve and the
      > most expensive longbow...the design is really great
      > on these bows
      > plus the hand shock is minimal (according to the
      > webmaster).
      >
      > I then logged onto woodbows.com and all of their
      > bows looked very
      > plain. I hope baronbows can get an order together
      > somewhat (as I
      > hear some of you guys, it's taking 2 months for them
      > to make) because
      > they look to be the best.

      > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by
      > Medieval Mart
      > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's
      > http://www.medievalmart.com/

      > leave this list]
      >

      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
      http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
    • Tim McCready
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
        SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >I looked over baronbows and I really liked the Knight Recurve and the
        >most expensive longbow...the design is really great on these bows
        >plus the hand shock is minimal (according to the webmaster).

        I can hear it now:
        Engage Python:
        "Hi, welcome to our camp, would you like to try archery? This is the most
        expensive bow in camp, and this is the bow that goes ~ping~ when you
        release so you know you're using a good technique."
        exit Python
        Tim McCready
      • Guy Taylor
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
          Bear in mind that hand shock is a very tricksy item. I may shoot a bow and
          say it rattles my fillings while you may shoot the same bow and say it's the
          smoothest shooter you've ever held.

          Taillear