About Bows

  • johannes_va
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
      I looked over baronbows and I really liked the Knight Recurve and the
      most expensive longbow...the design is really great on these bows
      plus the hand shock is minimal (according to the webmaster).

      I then logged onto woodbows.com and all of their bows looked very
      plain. I hope baronbows can get an order together somewhat (as I
      hear some of you guys, it's taking 2 months for them to make) because
      they look to be the best.
    • Jonathan Harton
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
        Try a Mr. Russell Barton at Sticks and Stones
        archery.com www.sticksandstones.com He does some
        amazing work with his woods. He mostly makes Native
        American bows but will make just about anything on
        request. Hes made some copies of LOTR bows that are
        wonderful. Hes a little more expensive at around $150
        but woth every penny.
        --- johannes_va <rkhinman@...> wrote:
        > I looked over baronbows and I really liked the
        > Knight Recurve and the
        > most expensive longbow...the design is really great
        > on these bows
        > plus the hand shock is minimal (according to the
        > webmaster).
        >
        > I then logged onto woodbows.com and all of their
        > bows looked very
        > plain. I hope baronbows can get an order together
        > somewhat (as I
        > hear some of you guys, it's taking 2 months for them
        > to make) because
        > they look to be the best.

        > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by
        > Medieval Mart
        > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's
        > http://www.medievalmart.com/

        > leave this list]
        >

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
        http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
      • Tim McCready
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
          SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com writes:
          >I looked over baronbows and I really liked the Knight Recurve and the
          >most expensive longbow...the design is really great on these bows
          >plus the hand shock is minimal (according to the webmaster).

          I can hear it now:
          Engage Python:
          "Hi, welcome to our camp, would you like to try archery? This is the most
          expensive bow in camp, and this is the bow that goes ~ping~ when you
          release so you know you're using a good technique."
          exit Python
          Tim McCready
        • Guy Taylor
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
            Bear in mind that hand shock is a very tricksy item. I may shoot a bow and
            say it rattles my fillings while you may shoot the same bow and say it's the
            smoothest shooter you've ever held.

            Taillear