Re: [SCA-Archery] was Arrow rest now compound bows

  • Simon Hondy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2002
      That is true, I would suggest, as has been mentioned to ask for a loaner,
      and definitely check your Kingdom's rules. If you absolutely have no other
      bow, AND your marshal allows it, THEN sure, go ahead. I don't allow
      compounds on my Shire's Targets because they are not designed for the
      highspeed fancy carbon arrows, and all that jazz. The arrows generate so
      much heat they will melt holes in my targets. But the targets are fine for
      non wheel bows, and cross bows, and Occasionally older compounds, with the
      round cams. At Practice I have no beef if some one wants to bring a target
      for their compound and all is safe. At an event, one it would cause a stir,
      and I would expect that it would not be allowed. Especially since events
      seem to have all competition type shoots.

      Simon Hondy