Arcuarius (an apology)

  • Evian Blackthorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2002
      I just went back to my pdf copy of "Corpora".

      Section VIII (not Appendix C, which does not exist
      anymore) does give the College of Arms the right to define
      alternate (other language) titles. I found it just a few
      minutes ago. But according to Istvan, the pdf version is
      identical to the official document, so even if Section VIII
      gives the College of Arms this right, any such online list
      that claims to base it's author's authority on a section of
      a superceeded version of another document is, and should be
      taken to be, now null and void. Of course, as soon as the
      College of Arms updates their list to cite the proper
      authorization for their power, it becomes effective again.
      Which, given the length of time other changes get finalized,
      in both the available printed versions, and the online
      versions, might be years. But I really don't care that much
      about what alternate titles are used by whom. I was just
      trying to keep the record straight. I missed it a bit, at
      first, at least. I know now why I missed it before, though.
      I searched electronically just for the term 'college of
      heralds', but not 'college of arms'. Both terms are used in
      the Governing Documents, but I only got those areas where
      the one term was used. I also searched just for 'laurel of
      arms', not 'laurel sovereign of arms'. Sorry! I was wrong.

      Evian