RE: Speed rounds

  • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 3, 1999
      >If you are interested, he kneels on one knee, holds the bow by the string,
      >and literally slams it into the ground butt first. This gives him a
      >really fast cock, and the bow is also in a good position to load. Since
      >his RR average is over 130, I figure he probably knows something about
      >speed shooting! Since I'm trying to do an all-standing style, the method
      >isn't one I can use.

      Something you CAN try, and that I have seen people do, is cocking into
      their stomach.

      They wear a 'period weight lifters belt' (The WIDE belts, often studded),
      and place/sew some padding into it ... then they can put the butt of their
      stock into the belt and YANK hard and fast back to cock.

      Of course this only really works with a breakcock style ... not a free
      rolling nut like mine *grin*.

      Siegfried

      Minister of Misinformation (Chronicler & Web Minister)
      http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org
    • Eric Bosley
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 8, 1999
        Brad,

        Red Angus scores better firing two arrows every shot in the speed
        round than he does just firing one. His average last year was over 110 in
        the open class. I can't say he wouldn't have made his class, but it
        helped him. Frankly I'd be lucky to get four arrows off.

        Eric de Dragonslaire