Re: bow stringing

  • Al T.
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 25, 2002
      --- In SCA-Archery@y..., "Joe Irvine" <graewulf@y...> wrote:
      > 2 words for you... bow stringer.... It's the best method and the
      > safest and it will work on any bow.
      > From the desk of:
      > Joe Irvine

      Be very careful even when using a stringer, I found out the hard
      way. While stringing my target bow (olympic style bow, 36#) the
      stringer slipped out from under my foot and took off vertically. The
      bow jumped in my hand, and while it didn't strike me, it did startle
      me. So I froze in place for what felt like 30-40 seconds... Then my
      stringer landed on my head. I must have jumped about two feet
      straight back.
      I still use a stringer for laminated recurves. Light weight
      (less than 30#) recurves and straight bows I string with the push-
      pull method.
      Thus have I seen...
      -Allan Bluehood-