Shameless Event Plug - 3C's Raincheck?

  • Angall
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2002
      We call forth once again all who are stout of heart and do not fear the skies to join us once again
      for the “Crossbows, Combats & Ceilidhs Raincheck” to be held September 27th to 29th sponsored by the
      House of the Broken Axe in our fair shire of L'Ile du Dragon Dormant. (It rained for 30 minutes
      Sunday night, so it counts.)

      Join us where the Arts of War are mingled in with the Arts of Bards & Brewers as we make this a
      practice for both the archers and the fighters of the neighbouring areas. Some come to conquer on
      the field while some come to conjure with songs and tales as we sit around one of our famous fires.
      (This part sounded so good we just kept it.)

      Events of the day will include Archery, Thrown Weapons, Combat, Fencing and of course the Ceilidh.
      Archery will consist of some Royal Rounds as well as war practice and other novelty shoots.

      The site will open at 6 PM on Friday the 27th and will close at noon on the 29th. Needless to say
      that the site is very wet - it is a Ceilidh (a Celtic tavern) after all - and we extend our
      invitation to all the brewers who wish to showcase their skills.

      Deadline for meal reservations is Tuesday the 24th, with notification by e-mail before that very
      much appreciated. The price is fine. The meal will be composed of vegetable soup, cold roasted
      chicken, bread, honey butter and fruits for desert.

      The site is the Sweet Estate, 205 Rang Durocher, in Eastman, Quebec, approximately one (1) hour due
      East from Montreal. This is a period site, with no potable water so attendees are asked to bring
      their own drinking water. There will be a chemical toilet. There is a pond where water for solar
      showers may be drawn and a shower stall is available. Unfortunately the site is not accessibility
      friendly.

      Merchants are always welcome, however please be advised that you must provide you own tables and
      shade.

      Directions:

      Take your best route to Highway 10 (from either direction) take exit 106 and turn towards Eastman.
      At the next T, turn left onto 112 west. Turn left at rang Durocher (there will be a big white cross
      by the road). Follow the road for about five minutes the site will be on your left. Look for the
      SCA sign for the correct entrance.

      Event Website: http://www3.sympatico.ca/angall/brokenaxe/nav-events.html

      At-a-Glance Event Information
      Site:
      Sweet Estate
      205 Rang Durocher
      Eastman, QC J0E 1P0
      Canada
      Show me a map!

      Site Opens: 6:00PM Friday
      Site Closes: Noon Sunday

      Event Fees:

      Site : Site fee: $10.00 Canadian, $7.00 US
      Children under 14 are half price.
      There is no deadline for reservations.

      Feast: $6.00 Canadian, $4.00 US.
      Deadline is September 24. Please contact Lord Arthur de Beaumont for reservations and details.
      jasminbouchard@...

      Send Reservations to:
      Jason Farrell
      2598 Cuvillier,
      Montréal, Quebec,
      H1W 3B1 CANADA

      Autocrat:
      Lord Angall o Fearghail (Jason Farrell)
      angall@...
      2598 Cuvillier,
      Montréal, Quebec,
      H1W 3B1 CANADA

      Make Checks Payable to: SCA Inc - l'Ile du Dragon Dormant