Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1077

  • James
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2002
      I have a longbow that has a draw of around #99-#105 depending on the
      weather and temp. I use to shoot all the time and had no real problems with
      it. I was about 9 years old when I got my first bow, it was a #60 Ben
      Pearson I got from Boy Scout camp when they were standardizing to all the
      same string length. $3.00 was the sum and I had to work my but off because
      every one knew how much I wanted the bow. I could not draw it, but it did
      not take long. I do not hold it at all, as soon as my knuckle hits my ear I
      release. This was not planed, it was the only way I could shoot my first
      bow. I still shoot this way. I haven't shot in years. I can not shoot the
      #100 now, I am working with a #70 horn bow. Every couple of days I take out
      the #100 and shoot 2-3 arrows. It is some what painful. One day soon!!!!