Re: New season for the Vogelschutzen mail-in shoot

  • Godwin fitzGilbert
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 17, 2002
      --- In SCA-Archery@y..., wyvern@m... wrote:
      > On 16 Sep 2002 at 22:22, Godwin fitzGilbert wrote:
      >
      > > I also do not shoot on the line, unless there is another marshal
      > > -snip-
      >
      > That's a different situation entirely. I'm was talking about the
      situation
      > where a single marshal is the *only* person on the line and the only
      > person on the range. Apparently Caid does not allow this particular
      > situation. *That's* what I find to be overkill.

      Ah, yes I have no problem with letting a marshal shoot by themselves
      on the line. They should be, by virture of their marshal status, be
      completely aware of range saftey.

      >-snip-
      >
      > As did I when I was still warranted. Whether or not I shot in a
      line
      > which I was responsible for depended on who I was shooting with.
      With
      > more experienced archers -- often marshals among them, I never
      > considered it a problem.

      Yup, I stated something similar, such as when all the marshals, or
      very experienced archers shoot together, I'm much more relaxed and
      will shoot on the line with them.

      -snip-

      > It's actually fairly common in the off hours when the range is open
      at
      > marshal's descretion.

      I was thinking of during a scoring round for war or similar. Of course
      why the marshal would want to jump in then anyway didn't enter into it
      ;)

      Godwin