RE: Speed rounds

  • KC
    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 1, 1999
      Plachoya Sobaka,

      (snip)
      Shooting two arrows is not bending the rules. Also shooting two arrows does
      not garintee a higher score but does increase the likly hood of a higher
      score (one arrow 5 points max 2 arrows 10 points max). My limited experince
      is that the ferther out you are the less likly you are to gain from
      shooting two or more arrows at a time.

      I feel that the original intent of the speed shoot was to improve load and
      shoot performance. Loading and shooting more than one arrow at a time is
      contrary to this intent. If you want to shoot any other way, I am sure
      that there are lots of ways to justify it. However, I don't feel that it
      is in the spirit of the speed shoot and I see no honor in it.

      Karrick

    • Eric Bosley
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 8, 1999
        Brad,

        Red Angus scores better firing two arrows every shot in the speed
        round than he does just firing one. His average last year was over 110 in
        the open class. I can't say he wouldn't have made his class, but it
        helped him. Frankly I'd be lucky to get four arrows off.

        Eric de Dragonslaire