Re: Difference between A&S and Archery

  • K9exlupmax@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
      1
      > >(big snip)
      > >My question - is it reasonable to say that there should be
      > >some part of the recognition of the marksman that revolves around a
      working
      > >knowlege of period gear in general? And is it reasonable that some part
      of
      2
      > >the
      > >recognition of the craftsman of archer gear should come from at least a
      > >moderate level of skill with period gear?
      > >
      > >A new can of worms
      > >
      > >Kaz
      Yes to 1 and 2 is the can of worms... i.e. you use the words craftsman and
      skill in the same sentence. I think there are awards (recognition) for
      craftsmanship (being new I can't really say for sure) , however to me the
      word skill in the context of your wording means for the use of weapons. Here
      is where I am thinking there is not enough recognition (awards etc.) for the
      pure period Archer. Having only used a modern fiberglass recurve in the past
      I cant really comment on using a period ELB, although I want one. I think
      once people realize that there is some difference between a period Looking
      archer with a recurve, and a period archer, the recognition of the latter
      will improve by some measure.

      Just my .02$
      Ross Mac Kenzie