Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Archery Laurel requirements?

  • cwilson@mhmh.org
    Message 1 of 84 , Sep 6, 2002
      Harold wrote, "Don't think much chance in marshalling after the blunder of
      this past weekend."

      What kind of attitude is that? If you wish to serve archery, then serve!
      As has been pointed out, you may not be able to 'call' a range, but you
      could certainly offer help in the other areas.

      As for the lady who left off crying, that seems like an absurd reaction to
      a simple statement. The IKAC is not that all bloody important to go into
      tears over.

      Besides, as humans, we are prone to mistakes. Oooh, maybe technology could
      be the answer. You could carry a bullhorn around that has pre-recorded
      messages to play...
      "Is the range clear?!"
      "Archers, you may loose at your leisure."
      "Bows down, you may retrieve."
      "Hey, you. Yeah, you. Stop that."
      "HOLD!"

      *grin*

      -Caedmon
    • dateyukiie
      Message 84 of 84 , Sep 10, 2002

        > How about going for the period look. A slate and chalk.

        Harold,
        On the back of the slate you could paint neatly a few common
        phrases that anyone in a teaching position might use, such as
        "stand with your feet wider" - "hold the string closer to your
        cheek" - "relax" - "Please don't shoot my Knight" etc. I', sure you
        get the idea. A running list could be gathered, and then if you are
        assisting someone, you could flip the slate and point to a phrase
        and smile...it could save an awfull lot of writing in the long run...
        Just a thought

        Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
        Kyudoka