Re: Twin crossbows?DaVinci ref

  • jotl@xxxxxxxxxx.xx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
      At 6:41 PM 11/1/99 -0800, Tim Miskell wrote:
      >From: "Tim Miskell" <tmiskell@...>
      >
      >Da vinci wa a visionary. Why discount one Idea of his because some were so
      >far ahead of their time??

      The main reason, IMO, is that they were not available to the general
      populace in period. The concepts were not published, but remained in his
      notebooks.

      At least this is the reason for a return of a Da Vinci bicycle as a
      heraldic charge a few years ago.

      Also, many of those ideas were not reduced to practice.

      James
      jotl@...
    • JimHart ConalO'hAirt
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 1999
        what if your interests lean towards period
        engineering and your personna claims to be a
        comtemporary and friend of Di Vinci?

      • Rlongbow@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 1999
          folks, you are taking the DaVinci notebooks as factual , in use artifacts
          - they weren't! they were IDEAS ONLY. in his time EVERYBODY knew for certain
          there were wizards and sorcerors - so that means in the SCA we can have them
          too?