Re: Speed rounds

  • James W. Pratt Jr.
    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 1, 1999
      When did the first archer try to shoot two arrows? I'll give you odds that
      period archers did at times try to "show off" their skill buy shooting two
      arrows. Is it a science or an art to shoot two arrows at one time? Does
      any one have any documentation for shooting two arrows at once?

      James Cunningham

      >My position from the start has been that the over emphasis on RRs
      >is what encourages this kind of behavior. So long as we deify RR
      >scores, we shouldn't be surprised at the results.
      >
      >Macsen
    • Eric Bosley
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 8, 1999
        Brad,

        Red Angus scores better firing two arrows every shot in the speed
        round than he does just firing one. His average last year was over 110 in
        the open class. I can't say he wouldn't have made his class, but it
        helped him. Frankly I'd be lucky to get four arrows off.

        Eric de Dragonslaire