Re: Archery Laurel requirements?

  • brennin2
    Message 1 of 84 , Sep 4, 2002
      --- In SCA-Archery@y..., "haroldingelsson" <haroldingelsson@y...>
      wrote:
      > > I would say that in the case of archery, as a skill, then ability
      is
      > > important and some one that had bad form, to the point that they
      > > could not shoot well and consistently and taught bad form to their
      > > students so that the students did not learn to shoot well, should
      > > not be considered at all. However, perhaps someone that shot only
      > > moderately well, but was an excellent teacher should be
      considered.

      > I have been asking about what is shooting well enough to be
      > considered Laurel quality and I have never been abilty to get an
      > answer. Can somebody define this for a new archer?
      >
      > Harold
    • dateyukiie
      Message 84 of 84 , Sep 10, 2002

        > How about going for the period look. A slate and chalk.

        Harold,
        On the back of the slate you could paint neatly a few common
        phrases that anyone in a teaching position might use, such as
        "stand with your feet wider" - "hold the string closer to your
        cheek" - "relax" - "Please don't shoot my Knight" etc. I', sure you
        get the idea. A running list could be gathered, and then if you are
        assisting someone, you could flip the slate and point to a phrase
        and smile...it could save an awfull lot of writing in the long run...
        Just a thought

        Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
        Kyudoka