Re: Archery Laurel requirements?

  • brennin2
    Message 1 of 84 , Sep 4, 2002

      > I have been asking about what is shooting well enough to be
      > considered Laurel quality and I have never been abilty to get an
      > answer. Can somebody define this for a new archer?
      >
      > Harold

      Harold, I have been reading through the threads on this issue and
      have come to the following conclusion. Your score at shooting is
      only a part of being granted a Laurel. It does not matter if you
      rank with a 100 point on Royal Rounds, or a 30. It is what you do
      with the knowledge you possess in the Art of Archery. While a
      higher "average" will tend to add more weight to your consideration
      for a Laurel, if you do not have other mitigating factors you would
      still not be eligable for a Laurel. In plain speak, there is
      no "shooting well enough to be considered Laurel quality" Brennin
    • dateyukiie
      Message 84 of 84 , Sep 10, 2002

        > How about going for the period look. A slate and chalk.

        Harold,
        On the back of the slate you could paint neatly a few common
        phrases that anyone in a teaching position might use, such as
        "stand with your feet wider" - "hold the string closer to your
        cheek" - "relax" - "Please don't shoot my Knight" etc. I', sure you
        get the idea. A running list could be gathered, and then if you are
        assisting someone, you could flip the slate and point to a phrase
        and smile...it could save an awfull lot of writing in the long run...
        Just a thought

        Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
        Kyudoka