Re: Midrealm ignoring the IKAC?

  • detomamd
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2002
      Actually, that is not really true. We have been running ahead of last
      year at this time (disk drive crashes notwhithstanding) with total
      number of scores submitted (the number of individual archers are a
      bit less at this point). It's just that the distribution is different
      this year, with some Kingdoms which had not been active last year
      being more active, and vice versa. Submissions from Mid and An Tir,
      for example, are less. Atlantia, West, East and Meridies are ahead.
      Outlands is a bit behind, but that will pick up this month.
      However, the lack of submissions for the IKCAC continues to be of
      concern to me.
      - Lorenzo

      --- In SCA-Archery@y..., Siegfried Sebastian Faust <crossbow@f...>
      wrote:
      > Fewer scores in general have been submitted ... Midrealm is not the
      only
      > ones to blame :)
      >
      > Siegfried
      >

      > At 12:13 PM 9/3/2002 -0400, Bruce R. Gordon wrote:
      > >Greetings
      > > Few Mid scores have been submitted this year, for reasons
      which
      > >completely elude me - this year isn't any different from previous
      ones,
      > >as near as I can see. So, to you Midrealmers out there... <ahem>
      any
      > >time now would be good, eh?
      > >
      > >For. Nigel FitzMaurice, Midr. AG
      > >
      > > > I just went over to the IKAC site and was perusing through the
      scores
      > >and I
      > > > noticed something missing...The Middle Kingdom. Oh, there are a
      few
      > >scores here
      > > > and there, but overall, I did not see the Midrealm listed.
      > > >
      > > > I admit that I have been lax in shooting an IKAC this year, as
      well,
      > >but I am
      > > > surprised at the low number of submissions. Maybe there have
      been a
      > >gaggle of
      > > > submissions since July 20th?
      > > >
      > > > -Caedmon

      > > > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by Medieval Mart
      > > > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.medievalmart.com/

      > >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      > > >

      > >--
      > >Ex Tenebra, Lux
      > >
      > >http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/index.html

      > >Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by Medieval Mart

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      ___
      > Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery
      Marshal
      > Barony of Highland Foorde
      http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org/
    • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2002
        At 09:42 AM 9/5/2002 +0000, detomamd wrote:
        >Actually, that is not really true. We have been running ahead of last
        >year at this time (disk drive crashes notwhithstanding) with total
        >number of scores submitted (the number of individual archers are a
        >bit less at this point). It's just that the distribution is different
        >this year, with some Kingdoms which had not been active last year
        >being more active, and vice versa. Submissions from Mid and An Tir,
        >for example, are less. Atlantia, West, East and Meridies are ahead.
        >Outlands is a bit behind, but that will pick up this month.

        Hrmmm, well I was looking at number of people submitted ... and I tend to
        mostly just look at Crossbows ...
        Last year: open/period = 41/25
        This year so far: = 14/14

        Given the 'summer shooting season' is winding down, that just seems to be a
        little bit light compared to last year.

        >However, the lack of submissions for the IKCAC continues to be of
        >concern to me.

        Doesn't concern me at all, because Atlantia is winning *grin*

        -- Nope, no other kingdoms need shoot, just let Atlantia win, don't mind us --

        Siegfried
        (Who wonders if he has now inspired anyone to go IKCAC shooting?)

        Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal
      • cwilson@mhmh.org
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2002
          This last Sunday I did finally shoot an IKAC (Period Crossbow Division).
          Next practice, I will shoot an Open Crossbow. I plan to shoot at least one
          score for each before the weather gets too cold.

          -Caedmon
        • Harry Bilings
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 5, 2002
            I hope to next week end.
            plachoya

            >-- Nope, no other kingdoms need shoot, just let Atlantia win, don't mind us
            >--
            >
            >Siegfried
            >(Who wonders if he has now inspired anyone to go IKCAC shooting?)

          • H.L. Agnarr Thorvaldsson
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 5, 2002
              Well if it helps any....

              I ran an IKCAC Range this past weekend at Gothic War for 3 days and also one a week earlier at our groups posted archery and fighter practice here in Ansteorra. And while the scores were not record breaking, (top score was a 215) we had about 30 individuals shooting throughout the weekend.

              I will be sending the scores to you hopefully sometime this weekend.

              HL Agnarr Thorvaldsson
              Crossrode Keep, Ansteorra