Re: Twin crossbows?DaVinci ref

  • Tim Miskell
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
      Da vinci wa a visionary. Why discount one Idea of his because some were so
      far ahead of their time??
    • jotl@xxxxxxxxxx.xx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
        At 6:41 PM 11/1/99 -0800, Tim Miskell wrote:
        >From: "Tim Miskell" <tmiskell@...>
        >
        >Da vinci wa a visionary. Why discount one Idea of his because some were so
        >far ahead of their time??

        The main reason, IMO, is that they were not available to the general
        populace in period. The concepts were not published, but remained in his
        notebooks.

        At least this is the reason for a return of a Da Vinci bicycle as a
        heraldic charge a few years ago.

        Also, many of those ideas were not reduced to practice.

        James
        jotl@...
      • JimHart ConalO'hAirt
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 1999
          what if your interests lean towards period
          engineering and your personna claims to be a
          comtemporary and friend of Di Vinci?

        • Rlongbow@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 1999
            folks, you are taking the DaVinci notebooks as factual , in use artifacts
            - they weren't! they were IDEAS ONLY. in his time EVERYBODY knew for certain
            there were wizards and sorcerors - so that means in the SCA we can have them
            too?