Re: [SCA-Archery] Midrealm ignoring the IKAC?

  • Bruce R. Gordon
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2002
      Greetings
      Few Mid scores have been submitted this year, for reasons which
      completely elude me - this year isn't any different from previous ones,
      as near as I can see. So, to you Midrealmers out there... <ahem> any
      time now would be good, eh?

      For. Nigel FitzMaurice, Midr. AG

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Ex Tenebra, Lux

    • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2002
        Fewer scores in general have been submitted ... Midrealm is not the only
        ones to blame :)

        Siegfried

        At 12:13 PM 9/3/2002 -0400, Bruce R. Gordon wrote:
        >Greetings
        > Few Mid scores have been submitted this year, for reasons which
        >completely elude me - this year isn't any different from previous ones,
        >as near as I can see. So, to you Midrealmers out there... <ahem> any
        >time now would be good, eh?
        >
        >For. Nigel FitzMaurice, Midr. AG
        >
        > > I just went over to the IKAC site and was perusing through the scores
        >and I
        > > noticed something missing...The Middle Kingdom. Oh, there are a few
        >scores here
        > > and there, but overall, I did not see the Midrealm listed.
        > >
        > > I admit that I have been lax in shooting an IKAC this year, as well,
        >but I am
        > > surprised at the low number of submissions. Maybe there have been a
        >gaggle of
        > > submissions since July 20th?
        > >
        > > -Caedmon

        > > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by Medieval Mart

        >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        > >

        >--
        >Ex Tenebra, Lux
        >
        >http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/index.html

        Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal
      • detomamd
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2002
          Actually, that is not really true. We have been running ahead of last
          year at this time (disk drive crashes notwhithstanding) with total
          number of scores submitted (the number of individual archers are a
          bit less at this point). It's just that the distribution is different
          this year, with some Kingdoms which had not been active last year
          being more active, and vice versa. Submissions from Mid and An Tir,
          for example, are less. Atlantia, West, East and Meridies are ahead.
          Outlands is a bit behind, but that will pick up this month.
          However, the lack of submissions for the IKCAC continues to be of
          concern to me.
          - Lorenzo

          --- In SCA-Archery@y..., Siegfried Sebastian Faust <crossbow@f...>
          wrote:
          > Fewer scores in general have been submitted ... Midrealm is not the
          only
          > ones to blame :)
          >
          > Siegfried
          >

          > At 12:13 PM 9/3/2002 -0400, Bruce R. Gordon wrote:
          > >Greetings
          > > Few Mid scores have been submitted this year, for reasons
          which
          > >completely elude me - this year isn't any different from previous
          ones,
          > >as near as I can see. So, to you Midrealmers out there... <ahem>
          any
          > >time now would be good, eh?
          > >
          > >For. Nigel FitzMaurice, Midr. AG
          > >
          > > > I just went over to the IKAC site and was perusing through the
          scores
          > >and I
          > > > noticed something missing...The Middle Kingdom. Oh, there are a
          few
          > >scores here
          > > > and there, but overall, I did not see the Midrealm listed.
          > > >
          > > > I admit that I have been lax in shooting an IKAC this year, as
          well,
          > >but I am
          > > > surprised at the low number of submissions. Maybe there have
          been a
          > >gaggle of
          > > > submissions since July 20th?
          > > >
          > > > -Caedmon

          > > > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by Medieval Mart
          > > > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.medievalmart.com/

          > >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          > > >

          > >--
          > >Ex Tenebra, Lux
          > >
          > >http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/index.html

          > >Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by Medieval Mart

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          ___
          > Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery
          Marshal
          > Barony of Highland Foorde
          http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org/
        • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 5, 2002
            At 09:42 AM 9/5/2002 +0000, detomamd wrote:
            >Actually, that is not really true. We have been running ahead of last
            >year at this time (disk drive crashes notwhithstanding) with total
            >number of scores submitted (the number of individual archers are a
            >bit less at this point). It's just that the distribution is different
            >this year, with some Kingdoms which had not been active last year
            >being more active, and vice versa. Submissions from Mid and An Tir,
            >for example, are less. Atlantia, West, East and Meridies are ahead.
            >Outlands is a bit behind, but that will pick up this month.

            Hrmmm, well I was looking at number of people submitted ... and I tend to
            mostly just look at Crossbows ...
            Last year: open/period = 41/25
            This year so far: = 14/14

            Given the 'summer shooting season' is winding down, that just seems to be a
            little bit light compared to last year.

            >However, the lack of submissions for the IKCAC continues to be of
            >concern to me.

            Doesn't concern me at all, because Atlantia is winning *grin*

            -- Nope, no other kingdoms need shoot, just let Atlantia win, don't mind us --

            Siegfried
            (Who wonders if he has now inspired anyone to go IKCAC shooting?)

            Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal
          • cwilson@mhmh.org
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 5, 2002
              This last Sunday I did finally shoot an IKAC (Period Crossbow Division).
              Next practice, I will shoot an Open Crossbow. I plan to shoot at least one
              score for each before the weather gets too cold.

              -Caedmon
            • Harry Bilings
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 5, 2002
                I hope to next week end.
                plachoya

                >-- Nope, no other kingdoms need shoot, just let Atlantia win, don't mind us
                >--
                >
                >Siegfried
                >(Who wonders if he has now inspired anyone to go IKCAC shooting?)

              • H.L. Agnarr Thorvaldsson
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 5, 2002
                  Well if it helps any....

                  I ran an IKCAC Range this past weekend at Gothic War for 3 days and also one a week earlier at our groups posted archery and fighter practice here in Ansteorra. And while the scores were not record breaking, (top score was a 215) we had about 30 individuals shooting throughout the weekend.

                  I will be sending the scores to you hopefully sometime this weekend.

                  HL Agnarr Thorvaldsson
                  Crossrode Keep, Ansteorra