Midrealm ignoring the IKAC?

  • Chad and Erin Wilson
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1 7:48 PM
      I just went over to the IKAC site and was perusing through the scores and I
      noticed something missing...The Middle Kingdom. Oh, there are a few scores here
      and there, but overall, I did not see the Midrealm listed.

      I admit that I have been lax in shooting an IKAC this year, as well, but I am
      surprised at the low number of submissions. Maybe there have been a gaggle of
      submissions since July 20th?

      -Caedmon
    • Bruce R. Gordon
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3 9:13 AM
        Greetings
        Few Mid scores have been submitted this year, for reasons which
        completely elude me - this year isn't any different from previous ones,
        as near as I can see. So, to you Midrealmers out there... <ahem> any
        time now would be good, eh?

        For. Nigel FitzMaurice, Midr. AG

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Ex Tenebra, Lux

      • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3 11:16 AM
          Fewer scores in general have been submitted ... Midrealm is not the only
          ones to blame :)

          Siegfried

          At 12:13 PM 9/3/2002 -0400, Bruce R. Gordon wrote:
          >Greetings
          > Few Mid scores have been submitted this year, for reasons which
          >completely elude me - this year isn't any different from previous ones,
          >as near as I can see. So, to you Midrealmers out there... <ahem> any
          >time now would be good, eh?
          >
          >For. Nigel FitzMaurice, Midr. AG
          >
          > > I just went over to the IKAC site and was perusing through the scores
          >and I
          > > noticed something missing...The Middle Kingdom. Oh, there are a few
          >scores here
          > > and there, but overall, I did not see the Midrealm listed.
          > >
          > > I admit that I have been lax in shooting an IKAC this year, as well,
          >but I am
          > > surprised at the low number of submissions. Maybe there have been a
          >gaggle of
          > > submissions since July 20th?
          > >
          > > -Caedmon

          > > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by Medieval Mart

          >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          > >

          >--
          >Ex Tenebra, Lux
          >
          >http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/index.html

          Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal
        • detomamd
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 5 2:42 AM
            Actually, that is not really true. We have been running ahead of last
            year at this time (disk drive crashes notwhithstanding) with total
            number of scores submitted (the number of individual archers are a
            bit less at this point). It's just that the distribution is different
            this year, with some Kingdoms which had not been active last year
            being more active, and vice versa. Submissions from Mid and An Tir,
            for example, are less. Atlantia, West, East and Meridies are ahead.
            Outlands is a bit behind, but that will pick up this month.
            However, the lack of submissions for the IKCAC continues to be of
            concern to me.
            - Lorenzo

            --- In SCA-Archery@y..., Siegfried Sebastian Faust <crossbow@f...>
            wrote:
            > Fewer scores in general have been submitted ... Midrealm is not the
            only
            > ones to blame :)
            >
            > Siegfried
            >

            > At 12:13 PM 9/3/2002 -0400, Bruce R. Gordon wrote:
            > >Greetings
            > > Few Mid scores have been submitted this year, for reasons
            which
            > >completely elude me - this year isn't any different from previous
            ones,
            > >as near as I can see. So, to you Midrealmers out there... <ahem>
            any
            > >time now would be good, eh?
            > >
            > >For. Nigel FitzMaurice, Midr. AG
            > >
            > > > I just went over to the IKAC site and was perusing through the
            scores
            > >and I
            > > > noticed something missing...The Middle Kingdom. Oh, there are a
            few
            > >scores here
            > > > and there, but overall, I did not see the Midrealm listed.
            > > >
            > > > I admit that I have been lax in shooting an IKAC this year, as
            well,
            > >but I am
            > > > surprised at the low number of submissions. Maybe there have
            been a
            > >gaggle of
            > > > submissions since July 20th?
            > > >
            > > > -Caedmon

            > > > Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by Medieval Mart
            > > > Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.medievalmart.com/

            > >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            > > >

            > >--
            > >Ex Tenebra, Lux
            > >
            > >http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/index.html

            > >Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2002 by Medieval Mart

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            ___
            > Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery
            Marshal
            > Barony of Highland Foorde
            http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org/
          • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 5 5:29 AM
              At 09:42 AM 9/5/2002 +0000, detomamd wrote:
              >Actually, that is not really true. We have been running ahead of last
              >year at this time (disk drive crashes notwhithstanding) with total
              >number of scores submitted (the number of individual archers are a
              >bit less at this point). It's just that the distribution is different
              >this year, with some Kingdoms which had not been active last year
              >being more active, and vice versa. Submissions from Mid and An Tir,
              >for example, are less. Atlantia, West, East and Meridies are ahead.
              >Outlands is a bit behind, but that will pick up this month.

              Hrmmm, well I was looking at number of people submitted ... and I tend to
              mostly just look at Crossbows ...
              Last year: open/period = 41/25
              This year so far: = 14/14

              Given the 'summer shooting season' is winding down, that just seems to be a
              little bit light compared to last year.

              >However, the lack of submissions for the IKCAC continues to be of
              >concern to me.

              Doesn't concern me at all, because Atlantia is winning *grin*

              -- Nope, no other kingdoms need shoot, just let Atlantia win, don't mind us --

              Siegfried
              (Who wonders if he has now inspired anyone to go IKCAC shooting?)

              Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal
            • cwilson@mhmh.org
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 5 5:33 AM
                This last Sunday I did finally shoot an IKAC (Period Crossbow Division).
                Next practice, I will shoot an Open Crossbow. I plan to shoot at least one
                score for each before the weather gets too cold.

                -Caedmon
              • Harry Bilings
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 5 5:44 PM
                  I hope to next week end.
                  plachoya

                  >-- Nope, no other kingdoms need shoot, just let Atlantia win, don't mind us
                  >--
                  >
                  >Siegfried
                  >(Who wonders if he has now inspired anyone to go IKCAC shooting?)

                • H.L. Agnarr Thorvaldsson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 5 6:19 PM
                    Well if it helps any....

                    I ran an IKCAC Range this past weekend at Gothic War for 3 days and also one a week earlier at our groups posted archery and fighter practice here in Ansteorra. And while the scores were not record breaking, (top score was a 215) we had about 30 individuals shooting throughout the weekend.

                    I will be sending the scores to you hopefully sometime this weekend.

                    HL Agnarr Thorvaldsson
                    Crossrode Keep, Ansteorra