Re: Speed rounds

  • psobaka@xxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 1, 1999
      From Sir Jon's rules for the 17 th annual IKAC "Any archer using a
      technique which could be a safety hazard, such as shooting two or more
      arrows at one time, must satisfy the Archer-in-Charge that he or she is able
      to use the technique safely."
      Shooting two arrows is not bending the rules. Also shooting two arrows does
      not garintee a higher score but does increase the likly hood of a higher
      score (one arrow 5 points max 2 arrows 10 points max). My limited experince
      is that the ferther out you are the less likly you are to gain from shooting
      two or more arrows at a time. I will shoot two to start the 20 speed end but
      not the 30 or 40 just to far out and requires two much hold over.
      >Agreed. And those people who try to wring the most favorable
      >interpretations out of the rules are an ideal example of what
      >happens when "getting points" becomes more important than
      >"shooting well." Obstensibly, RRs are supposed to measure skill
      >at archery -- not skill at bending the rules to maximum advantage.
      >
      >My position from the start has been that the over emphasis on RRs
      >is what encourages this kind of behavior. So long as we deify RR
      >scores, we shouldn't be surprised at the results.
      >
      >Macsen
      >
      >>This list sponsored by House Wyvern Hall

      Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
      Southern Reagional Archery Marshal
    • Eric Bosley
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 8, 1999
        Brad,

        Red Angus scores better firing two arrows every shot in the speed
        round than he does just firing one. His average last year was over 110 in
        the open class. I can't say he wouldn't have made his class, but it
        helped him. Frankly I'd be lucky to get four arrows off.

        Eric de Dragonslaire