Speed rounds

  • KC
    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 1, 1999
      Hello list,

      I have been following the thread on shooting multiple arrows etc. in the
      speed rounds. Doesn't the purpose of the speed round seem to be to
      increase your skill at loading and fast firing your bow? It appears to me
      that the wording indicates a single arrow. Now it also appears to me that
      in a society founded on chivalry, honesty and fair play, that this
      question should never, ever, have come up. I personally feel that any
      attempt to circumvent the intention of the round is cheating. It really
      causes me pain to read all the posts on people trying to gain an advantage
      any other way than by getting faster and better. I would much rather be
      reading some good tips on how to improve speed round ability such as arrow
      placement, nocking preferences etc. I think that several of the ideas are
      creative, but I think that a more appropriate place for this is the battle
      field. Please remember that this is my opinion, take it for whatever you
      feel it is worth.

      Karrick

    • Eric Bosley
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 8, 1999
        Brad,

        Red Angus scores better firing two arrows every shot in the speed
        round than he does just firing one. His average last year was over 110 in
        the open class. I can't say he wouldn't have made his class, but it
        helped him. Frankly I'd be lucky to get four arrows off.

        Eric de Dragonslaire