8876Re: [SCA-Archery] Mundane Laws and Crossbows

  • C. M Conley
    May 1, 2002
      Some laws consider the crossbow a banned weapon because it has a trigger.
      That is where I've seen a lot of the problem.

      Also, here in Colorado there is a person sueing under the ADA to be
      allowed to use a crossbow during bow season.

      Cecelia

      On Wed, 01 May 2002 04:49:12 -0000 "etterick" <selkirk@...> writes:
      > Since this list covers so many regions, I have a crossbow legal
      > question. Has anyone had legal problems or know of any laws against
      >
      > the use of or the ownership of crossbows in target archery? I know
      >
      > that there are numerous laws about the use of crossbows in hunting
      > in
      > different states and countries but I don't know of any for target
      > use. Also, has anyone had trouble using a crossbow at a local range
      >
      > or archery club?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Duncan

      > list]