7430Re: [SCA-Archery] Crossbow bolts . . .

  • Bruce R. Gordon
    Oct 31, 2001
      Greetings
      I've never noticed any problems with long distances. Generally, I don't
      shoot anything beyond a standard 100 yd. clout, but during this past
      Pennsic Champions shoot, there was a distance shoot at various marks in
      excess of 100 yards, and I hit on most of the marks. I think I missed
      once or twice, but that was because of poor aiming, not because my bolts
      were too heavy.
      Naturally, if I shot much shorter bolts, with 2 fletches intead of three,
      they'd travel higher and farther at given aim points, and I'd have
      adjust accordingly; but the range of my bow is far more a function of
      it's poundage than it is of any characteristics of the ammunition. I
      have a light poundage bow, so my range isn't terribly impressive, but I
      have no difficulty at all with any shoot the SCA wants me to try, aside
      from my own lack of skill.

      Cordially;
      Nigel

      --